Locations and Appointments
- Adult Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Psychotic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Mood Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- M.B.,B.S., University of Benin, Faculty of Medicine (Nigeria), 1988
Dr. Babatunde Asemota is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division. In addition to his academic and hospital clinical responsibilities, he maintains an active faculty practice in psychiatry and psychotherapy. Dr. Asemota treats a wide range of conditions, using individualized and integrated approaches that incorporate psychotherapy and/or pharmacology as indicated.
Dr. Babaturnde Asemota completed his medical education at the University of Benin College of Medicine, Nigeria in 1988. He finished his residency training at the Montefiore Medical Center, the teaching hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1998. He has been on the faculty of Weill Cornell Medicine and an Attending Psychiatrist at the New York Presbyterian Hospital, Westchester Division since 2005. Dr. Asemota is the unit chiefof the Acute Psychotic Disoders Unit at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division
To schedule an appointment please call (914) 997-8674.
Specialties: General Adult Psychiatry, Psychopharmacology, Psychotherapy, Wellness
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource