Ashima Oza, M.D.
I am very excited to return to New York City and join Weill Cornell Medicine. I love primary care because of the longitudinal relationships I can build with my patients. Guiding them through their care while integrating their preferences, circumstances, and evidence-based medicine is incredibly rewarding. I hope to use my multicultural background to relate to a diverse group of patients, gain their trust, and empower them to advocate for their healthcare.
Specialties and Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care Internist
- HTN (Hypertension)
- Thyroid Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
Dr. Oza is originally from Princeton, New Jersey. She went to New York University where she studied Psychology and Spanish in addition to her pre-med studies. She attended Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School where she participated in a student-run clinic that served the uninsured patient population in New Brunswick, NJ. She went on to complete her residency training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital with a focus on Primary Care. Her clinical interests include diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid disease. In her spare time, Dr. Oza enjoys reading, traveling, and exploring new restaurants.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2019
- B.A., New York University, 2015
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- * United Healthcare Compass
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported