Locations and Appointments
- General Pediatrics
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
- Family Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, 2003
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1996
Dr. Asaf Cohen received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania. He obtained his MD degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and completed his residency in Family Medicine at the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Residency in Urban Family Medicine in 2006. Dr. Cohen then practiced as a primary care physician and eventually also as a site medical director at Open Door, a federally qualified health center in Westchester County. He is board-certified in Family Medicine.
Dr. Cohen is excited to provide comprehensive primary care to both adults and children of all ages.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care