Locations and Appointments
- Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Pediatric Radiology
- Pediatric Oncology
- MR Spectroscopy
- Crohns Disease
- Pediatric Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Professor of Radiology in Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- M.D., Ege University Faculty of Medicine (Turkey), 1988
Dr.Kovanlikaya is chief of the Division of Pediatric Radiology. She is a Professor of Clinical Radiology in the Department of Radiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College. She is board-certified with a certificate of added qualifications in Pediatric Radiology and Neuroradiology. She received her fellowship training in both Pediatric Radiology and Neuroradiology at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles of the University of Southern California.
Her main research interests include advanced MRI techniques such as Magnetic Resonance Perfusion, Diffusion Tensor Imaging, MR Spectroscopy and their clinical applications in pediatric oncology. Another area of Dr. Kovanlikaya’s special expertise is the clinical applications of MRI in Crohns disease.
She has been an investigator in several projects supported by NIH on bone and body composition in children. Dr Kovanlikaya has also been involved in clinical research on ultrasound measurements of intima-media thickness(IMT) in children in the evaluation of early antecedents of atherosclerosis.
She has authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed medical journals and two book chapters. She is the director of Pediatric Radiology elective for medical students and actively involved in resident and medical student teaching at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Kovanlikaya is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, Society of Pediatric Radiology, American Society of Neuroradiology, New York Roentgen Society, World Federation of Pediatric Imaging and Turkish Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology Society.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans