Anna Miari, MD is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine, where she maintains a practice in General Adult Psychiatry. Her faculty practice is open for consultations, pharmacological treatment, psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Women's Psychiatry
- Anxiety Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Women's Mental Health
- Adjustment Disorder
- Problems of Adjustment to Life-Cycle Transitions
Dr. Anna Miari trained in neurology and completed a post-doctoral degree in neuro-psychopharmacology at Mario Negri Institute in Milan. Her published research includes studies on the pharmacology of serotonin and benzodiazepines, and on the role of glutamate receptors in neurodegenerative diseases.
After completing training in psychiatry at the Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. Miari trained in Adult Psychoanalysis at The New York Psychoanalytic Institute, where she continues to be an active faculty member and teacher.
Dr. Miari teaches general psychiatry to Weill Cornell Medical students and supervises psychiatry residents in training. She is a contributing member of the Women's Mental Health Program, specializing in Reproductive Psychiatry. In addition Dr. Miari is Associate Attending for the Weill Cornell Students' Mental Health Service.
Dr. Miari is currently a member of the Departmentof Psychiatry Faculty Council.
She practices in English and Italian.
Office hours by appointment only.
525 East 68th St, F1323
New York, NY 10065
To schedule appointments: Call - (212) 746-9947
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2/96 VETERANS' AFFAIRS grant for a research fellowship on post-traumatic stress disorder
5/91 European Economic Community-Regione Abruzzo two-year scholarship for a biomedical research project abroad.
1986: "Dino Alinovi" prize for best graduating medical student from Parma University Medical School.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Parma, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy), 1986
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported