Dr. Amos Shemesh serves in a dual capacity as medical director for the Physician Assistant Program and as assistant director of clinical services in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Shemesh is a graduate of NewYork Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medicine Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP). He earned his medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine and completed his emergency medicine residency training at the University of Pennsylvania where he completed a Healthcare Leadership in Quality and Safety track and also served as chief resident in his final year.
Since joining the Weill Cornell Emergency Medicine faculty in 2016, Dr. Shemesh has spearheaded several important departmental quality and patient experience initiatives including code sepsis. He also serves on the NYP Organ Donation Council and the national American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Disaster Preparedness Committee.
Dr. Shemesh is an assistant professor of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and practices emergency medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP-Lower Manhattan Hospital. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Shemesh was an attending physician in emergency medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia, PA.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 2011
- B.A., Franklin and Marshall College, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported