Specialties and Expertise
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- Menopause Counseling
Dr. Allegra Cummings is a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist and has maintained a thriving OB/GYN practice in NYC since 2002. While she is interested in all aspects of the specialty, she has a special interest in supporting women who choose vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC).
Dr. Cummings received her undergraduate education at Barnard College, Columbia University, in New York City. She earned her medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx and was active in the Student National Medical Association, serving as Regional Director for New York and New Jersey. Dr. Cummings completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at St. Luke’s - Roosevelt Hospital in NYC (now part of Mount Sinai). During her residency she was awarded the David B. Crawford Prize for professionalism and leadership. She also was a finalist for a teaching award presented by the medical students at Columbia University. In 2011, while Dr. Cummings was a faculty attending, the obstetrics and gynecology residents at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital chose her as their best teacher, and she is the recipient of the National Faculty Award of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Cummings is fluent in English and speaks functional Spanish.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
National Faculty Award, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, for resident education at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West
David B. Crawford Prize for professionalism and leadership, awarded by resident colleagues in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1998
- B.A., Barnard College - Columbia University, 1994
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported