Locations and Appointments
- Psychiatric Evaluation In Adult
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2015
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2008
Alexander Kane, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Inpatient Psychiatrist at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital. He maintains an outpatient faculty practice in both Westchester and Manhattan in General Adult Psychiatry, where he offers diagnostic evaluations, individual therapy, and pharmacological treatments.
Dr. Kane completed his undergraduate studies at Vanderbilt University, where he obtained degrees in both Neuroscience and Philosophy. He subsequently joined Vanderbilt University’s Program in Neuroscience Drug Discovery, where he spent several years characterizing novel therapeutic drugs designed for the treatment of schizophrenia and other neurodegenerative disorders. He later went on to earn his medical degree from Columbia University. He remained at Columbia University for both his internship and Psychiatry residency, where he developed interests in psychodynamic psychotherapy, emergency psychiatry, and consult-liaison psychiatry. As a resident, Dr. Kane also completed a one-year fellowship with Columbia University’s Analytic Institute.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark