Apostolos John Tsiouris, M.D.
Dr. Tsiouris is an Asssociate Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Associate Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. Dr. Tsiouris' research interests currently are in MR imaging of the brain and spine, MR angiography of the head and neck, and CT angiography of the head and neck. His current research involves developing new MR and CT imaging techniques for the evaluation of cerebrovascular disease. His research interests have also included MRI diffusion coefficients of white matter in developmentally delayed children.
Dr. Tsiouris attended The Johns Hopkins University and was awarded B.A. degrees in Biology and Psychology while minoring in Philosophy and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his M.D. degree and graduated Alpha Omega Alpha from the Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 1997. He completed his residency training in Diagnostic Radiology and his Neuroradiology Fellowship at the New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Campus and Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospitals.
Dr. Tsiouris is a member of the Divison of Neuroradiology. He achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2002. He received his Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Neuroradiology in 2005.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Advances in endovascular aneurysm treatment: are we making a difference? Katz JM, Tsiouris AJ, Biondi A, Salvaggio KA, Ougorets I, Stieg PE, Riina HA, Gobin YP. Neuroradiology. 2005 Sep;47(9):695-701. Epub 2005 Jul 19.
Bilateral dacryops: correlation of clinical, radiologic, and histopathologic features. Tsiouris AJ, Deshmukh M, Sanelli PC, Brazzo BG. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005 Jan;184(1):321-3.
Leptomeningeal and ependymal invasion by glioblastoma multiforme. Begemann M, Tsiouris AJ, Malkin MG. Neurology. 2004 Aug 10;63(3):E8.
Diffusion-tensor MR imaging in children with developmental delay: preliminary findings. Filippi CG, Lin DD, Tsiouris AJ, Watts R, Packard AM, Heier LA, Ulug AM. Radiology. 2003 Oct;229(1):44-50. Epub 2003 Aug 14.
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa, The Johns Hopkins University (1993)
Alpha Omega Alpha, Weill Medical College of Cornell University (1996)
- Neuro Radiology
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Disease
- Cerebral Aneurysm
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1997