“Many of us on the faculty have been privileged to practice here for our entire professional lives. We’ve grown up together. I love what I do. I love that I’m able to do the best two jobs in the world: being a mom and being an Ob/Gyn physician.”
Specialties and Expertise
- General OB/GYN
Dr. Andrea Dobrenis began her medical training at Weill Cornell Medical College as a medical student. She went on to complete her residency at Weill Cornell and then became a full-time faculty member. She gave birth to all three of her children at Weill Cornell Medical College as well.
Dr. Dobrenis is a member of a small physician practice group that emphasizes close personal relationships with patients and one another, with a commitment to patient education and self-determination. Each of the physicians makes an effort to establish a comfort level with all the patients in the practice.
She characterizes the Department of Ob/Gyn as a unique community. As a group, the members of the department are very supportive of one another, very caring about their patients and very committed to advancing the practice of medicine through research, teaching and patient advocacy. For medical students and residents, she believes Weill Cornell offers great training and a supportive, collegial atmosphere, perfect for learning.
Dr. Dobrenis knows Weill Cornell Department of Ob/Gyn better than most, given her varied experience as a medical student, resident, faculty member and patient at Weill Cornell, having delivered her three children here. Dr. Dobrenis is proud to be a member of this institution in general and the Department of Ob/Gyn, specifically for its achievements and dedication to providing the highest level of patient care. Her passion to help others has grown into a strong commitment to the full range of women’s health issues and the desire to support women through all the stages of life.
“I love working in a place where people care about their work and each other. Our patients can feel it, and that’s why they send their friends and family here too.”
A graduate of Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Dr. Dobrenis received her M.D. from Cornell University Medical College. Her post-doctoral training included a residency at The New York Hospital. She accepted a position on the faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in 1992.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1988
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported