Dr. Krieger is a Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Departments of Medicine, Neurology and Genetic Medicine and Chief of the Sleep Neurology Division in the Department of Neurology.
She is the Medical Director of the Center for Sleep Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine and a board certified specialist in Sleep Medicine by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Krieger is an Associate Attending at the New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and at Rockefeller University Hospital. She also holds board certifications in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine and has a Master’s Degree in Global Public Health with emphasis in Healthcare Policy and Management.
Over the past 25 years, Dr. Krieger has been actively involved in providing comprehensive patient care in Sleep Medicine, overseeing the Center for Sleep Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, a group practice that evaluates over 1,000 patients each month in New York City.
She is also actively involved in medical and subspecialty education and reserach. As a clinician scientist, Dr. Krieger is the principal investigator in collaborative multidisciplinary research projects in sleep medicine and has published extensively in the field.
Her current research is sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Science Foundation. She serves as Chair of the Mentored to Independence (MTI) K99/R00 grant review committee at the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) at the NIH.
Dr. Krieger is an active lecturer, regularly contributing to media efforts aiming at improving sleep health in the population. She is a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar, and Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine, American College of Chest Physicians and American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorder
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- Night Terrors
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Advanced Sleep Phase Syndrome
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Snoring Disorders
- Sleep Disorder, Circadian, Delayed Sleep Phase Type
- Sleep Phase Syndrome, Advanced
Education and Post-Doctoral Training:
Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, M.D.
New York University, M.P.H.
Internal Medicine Residency at University of Chicago Hospitals
Critical Care Fellowship at Finch University of Health Sciences
Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship at New York University of Medicine
Sleep Medicine Fellowship at New York University School of Medicine
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
Fellow, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine
Overseas Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine
Scholar, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Scientist Development Awardee, American Heart Association National Center
AAMC Women Faculty Professional Development
America's Top Physician - Consumer's Research Council of America
U.S. News and World Report - Top Doctor
Castle Connolly - Top Doctor
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary Disease)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Clinical Genetic Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Medicine in Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.P.H., New York University, 2008
- M.D., Federal University, Rio Grande Sul, Faculty of Medicine (Brazil), 1993
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.