Andrew Tassler, M.D.
Head and Neck Surgery
Specialties and Expertise
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Gland Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Endonasal Endoscopic Tumor Surgery
- Endoscopic Chordoma Surgery
- Endoscopic Craniopharyngioma Surgery
- Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery
- Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
- Benign Nasal Tumor
- Benign Tumor of Oral Cavity
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Larynx Cancer
- Laser Surgery
- Malignant Tumor Nasal Cavity
- Parathyroid Disease
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Pediatric Head and Neck Tumors
- Salivary Gland Disease
- Salivary Gland Disorder
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Sinus Surgery
- Throat and Voice Problems
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Disorder
- Tongue Cancer
- Tonsil Cancer
- Fine Needle Aspiration
Dr. Tassler is a specialist in all aspects of head and neck cancer surgery. His expertise lies in the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, including salivary glands, thyroid and parathyroid, tongue, lips and oral cavity, larynx, pharynx, sinuses, skull base and skin.
If you are scheduled to see Dr. Tassler as a new patient, please print and complete the Patient Packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. Thank you.
Dr. Andrew Tassler serves as Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine. Dr. Tassler’s expertise lies in the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, including salivary glands, thyroid and parathyroid, tongue, lips and oral cavity, larynx, pharynx, sinuses, skull base and skin.
Dr. Tassler was born and raised in Washington, DC. He attended Amherst College and graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Political Science. He then received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed an internship in General Surgery at New York Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center followed by residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Georgetown University Hospital. While at Georgetown, he received the Hugh O. DeFries Award for Lifetime Learning.
After residency, Dr. Tassler completed a fellowship in Advanced Oncologic Head and Neck Surgery and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh. Prior to joining the faculty at Weill Cornell, Dr. Tassler practiced for five years at Montefiore Medical Center where he was Assistant Professor of Otorhinolaryngology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. While at Montefiore, Dr. Tassler was awarded for outstanding teaching and was selected three times as a SuperDoctors “Rising Star” by his colleagues.
Dr. Tassler is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, the American Head and Neck Society, the New York Head and Neck Society, and the North American Skull Base Society. He is also an active fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Tassler is a specialist in all aspects of head and neck cancer surgery. He also has a particular interest in minimally invasive techniques in head and neck surgery including transoral laser (TLM) and robotic surgery (TORS) as well as endoscopic skull base surgery.
"My experience with Dr. Tassler last week Thursday was excellent as usual. Dr. Tassler saved my life. Plain and simple. He performed surgery on me Dec 19th 2017 and I’m alive today as a result of his skill set. I look forward to seeing him again. He has my absolute confidence!"
Contacted by John Batson
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2017
Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2018
Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2019
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Otolaryngologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2004
- B.A., Amherst College, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans