Specialties and Expertise
- General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General OB/GYN
“One of the things that makes Weill Cornell so great is there are so many very bright people working together to make the experience a good one for each patient.”
Dr. Allison Boester chose to work and teach at Weill Cornell based on the broad services its Ob/Gyn department provides to women. She provides excellent obstetrical and gynecologic care, and has expertise in many minimally invasive surgeries. Dr. Boester enjoys working with a diverse patient population and her practice addresses the full spectrum of women's health issues.
Dr. Boester's finds one of the most rewarding aspects of working at Weill Cornell to be the people with whom she works. The support she and her colleagues provide for one another carries over to the support they show for patients.
Dr. Boester and her colleagues work closely together to make sure that all patients' questions are answered and that she and her colleagues always put patients' needs first.
A cum laude graduate of Tufts University, Dr. Boester received her M.D. at the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine. Her post-doctoral training has included a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Drexel University College of Medicine. Dr. Boester joined the faculty at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 2005.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY