Allison Boester, MD, FACOG
Obstetrics and Gynecology
“One of the things that makes Weill Cornell so great is there are so many very bright people working together to make the experience a good one for each patient.”
Specialties and Expertise
- General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General OB/GYN
Dr. Allison Boester chose to work and teach at Weill Cornell based on the broad services its Ob/Gyn department provides to women. She provides excellent obstetrical and gynecologic care, and has expertise in many minimally invasive surgeries. Dr. Boester enjoys working with a diverse patient population and her practice addresses the full spectrum of women's health issues.
Dr. Boester's finds one of the most rewarding aspects of working at Weill Cornell to be the people with whom she works. The support she and her colleagues provide for one another carries over to the support they show for patients.
Dr. Boester and her colleagues work closely together to make sure that all patients' questions are answered and that she and her colleagues always put patients' needs first.
A cum laude graduate of Tufts University, Dr. Boester received her M.D. at the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine. Her post-doctoral training has included a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Drexel University College of Medicine. Dr. Boester joined the faculty at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 2005.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- * WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.