You are here
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Thoracic Radiology
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.,B.S., Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Shivaja University (India), 2000
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Ashwin Asrani joined the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in July 2010. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. Dr. Asrani is a member of the Emergency Radiology Division.
Dr. Asrani attended the Jai Hin College in Mumbai, India, earning his H.S.C. degree in Science in 1994. Dr. Asrani attended Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai from 1994-2000 earning his M.B.B.S. degree in 2000.
After a transitional internship year at Rajawadi Municipal Hospital, Mumbai, India, Dr. Asrani received residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at King Edward VII Memorial (KEM)Hospital and Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, India (2001-2004).
Dr. Asrani received fellowship training in Emergency Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Boston, Mass. from 2006-2007. This was followed by fellowship training in Thoracic Radiology from 2007-2008 also at MGH.
Dr. Asrani was appointed Clinical Assistant at MGH and Clinical Fellow at Harvard Medical School from 2008-2010 where he was a member of the Division of Emergency Radiology.
Dr. Asrani achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2010.
In addition to an active clinical practice, Dr. Asrani is a dedicated and engaged teacher of residents, fellows, and medical studies.