Ashwin V. Asrani, M.B., B.S.
Specialties and Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
- Orthopedic Radiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- CT Scan of the Body
- PET Scan
- Positron Emission Tomography
- X-Ray Imaging
- Bone Scan
- MRI of the Foot and Ankle
- MRI of the Hand and Wrist
- MRI of the Knee
- MRI of the Shoulder
- Emergency Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
Dr. Ashwin Asrani joined the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in July 2010. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. Dr. Asrani is a member of the Emergency Radiology Division.
Dr. Asrani attended the Jai Hin College in Mumbai, India, earning his H.S.C. degree in Science in 1994. Dr. Asrani attended Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai from 1994-2000 earning his M.B.B.S. degree in 2000.
After a transitional internship year at Rajawadi Municipal Hospital, Mumbai, India, Dr. Asrani received residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at King Edward VII Memorial (KEM)Hospital and Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, India (2001-2004).
Dr. Asrani received fellowship training in Emergency Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Boston, Mass. from 2006-2007. This was followed by fellowship training in Thoracic Radiology from 2007-2008 also at MGH.
Dr. Asrani was appointed Clinical Assistant at MGH and Clinical Fellow at Harvard Medical School from 2008-2010 where he was a member of the Division of Emergency Radiology.
Dr. Asrani achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2010.
In addition to an active clinical practice, Dr. Asrani is a dedicated and engaged teacher of residents, fellows, and medical studies.
- American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Seth G.S. Medical College (India), 2004
- M.B.,B.S., Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Shivaja University (India), 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported