Specialties and Expertise
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
Dr. Alaeldin Darwich is an Anesthesiologist with a particular interest and expertise in Obstetrical Anesthesia and the caring of patients in labor with various analgesia techniques, including combined spinal-epidurals for pain management. He specializes in women with high-risk pregnancies and is interested in the care of post partum hemorrhage. He is interested in OB quality and patient safety and serves as instructor in performance improvement methodologies.
Dr. Darwich is one of five Lead Anesthesiologists for the Labor and Delivery unit and also serves as a Lead Anesthesiologist for Ambulatory Surgery. In addition to these areas, he also provides patient care in Reproductive Medicine, the Endoscopy Suite, and non-Operating Room locations.
A native of Alexandria, Egypt, Dr. Darwich completed his medical studies there and then came to the United States. He was a resident at Flushing Hospital Medical Center in Flushing, New York, and completed residency training in Anesthesiology at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago. He was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Pennsylvania and an Obstetric Anesthesiology Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh. After three years at the University of Pittsburgh, he joined the faculty of Department of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2004.
A committed teacher, Dr. Darwich has given numerous lectures to medical students and residents at Weill Cornell Medical College, lectures regularly to medical students at the Doha campus of Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar, and has been active with the educational activities of the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists. Dr. Darwich and his family reside in Westchester County, New York.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Teaching Award, Weill Cornell Medical College, 2011.
- American Board of Anesthesiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Alexandria University, Faculty of Medicine (Egypt), 1983
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported