Alaeldin A. Darwich, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- M.D., Alexandria University, Faculty of Medicine (Egypt), 1983
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Teaching Award, Weill Cornell Medical College, 2011.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Dr. Alaeldin Darwich is an Anesthesiologist with a particular interest and expertise in Obstetrical Anesthesia and the caring of patients in labor with various analgesia techniques, including combined spinal-epidurals for pain management. He specializes in women with high-risk pregnancies and is interested in the care of post partum hemorrhage. He is interested in OB quality and patient safety and serves as instructor in performance improvement methodologies.
Dr. Darwich is one of five Lead Anesthesiologists for the Labor and Delivery unit and also serves as a Lead Anesthesiologist for Ambulatory Surgery. In addition to these areas, he also provides patient care in Reproductive Medicine, the Endoscopy Suite, and non-Operating Room locations.
A native of Alexandria, Egypt, Dr. Darwich completed his medical studies there and then came to the United States. He was a resident at Flushing Hospital Medical Center in Flushing, New York, and completed residency training in Anesthesiology at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago. He was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Pennsylvania and an Obstetric Anesthesiology Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh. After three years at the University of Pittsburgh, he joined the faculty of Department of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2004.
A committed teacher, Dr. Darwich has given numerous lectures to medical students and residents at Weill Cornell Medical College, lectures regularly to medical students at the Doha campus of Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar, and has been active with the educational activities of the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists. Dr. Darwich and his family reside in Westchester County, New York.