Zachary Grinspan, M.D., M.S.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Epilepsy
Dr. Zachary Grinspan is the Interim Chief of Child Neurology and Director of the Pediatric Epilepsy Program at Weill Cornell Medicine and the NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is an Associate Professor in Pediatrics and in Population Health Sciences, and holds a Masters of Science in Biostatistics. He is also a Nanette Laitman Clinical Scholar at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Grinspan received his undergraduate degree from Yale University and his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. He completed a residency in Pediatrics at the Mass General Hospital for Children in Boston, a residency in child neurology at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City, and a fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx in 2011. He then completed a post-doctoral research program in quality of care and clinical informatics at Weill Cornell Medicine, funded through the National Institutes of Health Neurologic Science Academic Development Award (NIH K12 NSADA). He is board certified in Pediatrics and Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology.
A national leader in pediatric epilepsy research, he has more than 100 published research articles including collaborations with international experts across multiple disciplines (epilepsy, emergency medicine, critical care, health services research, informatics, biostatistics, machine learning, engineering, and economics). He leads several large multi-centered research projects supported including a CDC funded study of the epidemiology of rare epilepsies in New York City, a 25-center grant to build a national learning healthcare system for pediatric epilepsy, and an NIH study to study seizures in newborns.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Child Neurology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Nanette Laitman Clinical Scholar in Healthcare Policy and Research/Prevention - Women’s Health - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Population Health Sciences - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S., Columbia University, School of Public Health, 2013
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2004
- B.S., Yale University, 1996
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported