Specialties and Expertise
- Adult Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar and Related Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorder
- Neurocognitive Disorder
- Psychotic Disorder
- Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorder
William Apfeldorf, MD, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine, and an Associate Attending Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Payne Whitney Westchester. In addition to his academic and hospital clinical responsibilities, he maintains an active faculty practice. Dr. Apfeldorf treats a wide range of conditions, with an individualized and integrated approach that incorporates psychotherapy and/or pharmacology as indicated.
Dr. Apfeldorf received his M.D. and his Ph.D. in Cell Biology from Yale University. He completed his psychiatry residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and the New York State Psychiatric Institute. He completed his geropsychiatry fellowship at Cornell University Medical College and New York Hospital –Cornell Medical Center Westchester Division.
Dr. Apfeldorf is currently on faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine and he is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry. Dr. Apfeldorf is the Unit Chief for the Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Service, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry. He maintains an outpatient and consulting practice in adult and geriatric psychiatry at New York Presbyterian Hospital/ Payne Whitney Westchester.
Please call 914 997- 5809 for appointments and scheduling.
- Psychiatry, Geriatric
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1987
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 1987
- B.S., Yale University, 1980
- M.S., Yale University, 1980
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark