Specialties and Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
Dr. Wallace Carter is an associate professor of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. He is also director of Clinical and Faculty Affairs in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Carter received his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine in Dominica, West Indies in 1986. He completed his residency in emergency medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY. Following his residency, Dr. Carter completed an internship in internal medicine at St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY, and an internship in surgery at Bridgeport Hospital in Connecticut.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Carter has trained more than three hundred emergency physicians and continues to mentor his graduates many of whom have gone on to prestigious positions.
He currently leads operational, patient experience and quality improvement initiatives within the Department of Emergency Medicine; collaborates with ED nursing leadership, physicians and advanced practice providers to ensure the delivery of high-quality emergency care; and oversees all faculty compliance for the Department.
Dr. Carter is board certified in emergency medicine. He practices at NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP-Lower Manhattan Hospital.
- Emergency Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Associate Attending Physician (Emergency Medicine) - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Dominica, WI), 1986
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY