Specialties and Expertise
- Breast Cancer
- History of Breast Conservation Therapy
- Breast Lumpectomy
- Breast Disease
- Nipple Areola Sparing Mastectomy
- Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- High Risk Breast Disease
Vivian Jolley Bea, MD, has been appointed Section Chief of Breast Surgical Oncology in the Department of Surgery for NewYork- Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Dr. Bea received her masters degree in biology from Drexel University and her medical degree from Morehouse School of Medicine. She completed her training in general surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina and a fellowship in breast surgical oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Board certified in general surgery, Dr. Bea is an active member in numerous professional organizations, including the American College of Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncologists, and the Society of Black Academic Surgeons.
Dr. Bea’s areas of interest include breast cancer, benign breast disease, inflammatory breast disease, and high-risk management. She specializes in skin-sparing and nipple sparing mastectomies as well as oncoplastic breast conservation surgery. Dr. Bea is committed to community outreach, research, and eliminating breast cancer disparities.
Dr. Bea is a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn and will see patients in her Park Slope office location at 506 Sixth Street, Kirkwood Pavilion, Floor 4.
To make a referral, please call 718.780.3022
- American Board of Surgery
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Morehouse College School of Medicine, 2010
- M.B.S., Drexel University, 2006
- B.A., University of Miami, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.