As a registered dietitian, I work closely with patients to slowly foster dietary changes to help them work towards a healthier lifestyle. The support, advice and meal plans patients I offer vary greatly and are personalized based on patient-specific lifestyle challenges, goals, and behavior modifications.
Specialties and Expertise
- Registered Dietitian
- Weight Loss
- Weight Gain
- Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Adolescent Nutritional Screen
- Childhood Obesity
- Metabolic Syndrome
Virginia Dweck completed her undergraduate studies at New York University in 2010, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics. She further pursued a Master of Science in Nutrition at Brooklyn College and completed her Dietetic Internship through Brooklyn College at Metropolitan Hospital. After becoming a licensed Registered Dietitian and Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, Virginia assumed her present position in the Physician Network of Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Staff Associate in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S.H.S., Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 2014
- B.S., New York University, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported