Tsiporah B. Shore
I have expertise in stem cell / bone marrow transplantation, with over 25 years of experience in this field. I am the Associate Director of the Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program of New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell. and the Service Chief of the inpatient BMT clinical service. I have major interests in improving the overall safety and effectiveness of transplantation. I also have significant experience in the management of hematological malignancies such as leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, myelodysplasia, as well as aplastic anemia. I enjoy teaching residents and fellows management of patients undergoing transplantation and I have published articles in this field. I also review articles for medical journals relating to stem cell transplantation.I am involved in multiple research trials related to BMT, both as a principal and co investigator and I have represented NYP Weill Cornell at the Cancer Alliance Clinical Trials Group, the Myeloproliferative Disease Research group, and the BMT Clinical Trials Network. However, my main love is caring for patients; I enjoy meeting them, guiding them through the transplant process, and having a true doctor patient relationship. I am committed to providing the best possible, state of the art care for my patients, with clear explanations and ongoing personal support through difficult situations.
Dr. Tsiporah Shore is the Associate Director of the Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation Program in the Division of Hematology / Oncology of Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital and the chief of the Inpatient BMT Service. She is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Medical College. Dr. Shore graduated from medical school (1979) and did a residency at the University of Manitoba in Canada and the University of Toronto ( internship.) She then went on to complete a hematology / oncology fellowship at Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston. She did an additional 2 year subspecialty fellowship in Bone Marrow Transplantation in Seattle and Vancouver and subsequently developed and directed the Manitoba BMT Program, in Winnipeg, Canada from 1987 - 1999. Dr. Shore has extensive experience in the diagnosis and management of all hematological malignancies including leukemias, lymphomas, myeloma, and myelodysplastic/ myeloproliferative disorders. In 1999, Dr. Shore relocated to New York and in 2001 joined the staff of Weill Medical College of Cornell University, with her practise located at New York Presbyterian Hospital. While Dr. Shore has experience in all facets of hematology and oncology, she is especially interested in continuing to advance the field of bone marrow / stem cell transplantation and malignant hematologic disorders utilizing novel therapies and clinical trials in addition to standard therapies. She is involved in teaching and mentoring students, residents and fellows and is an investigator in multiple clinical trials.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
· Shepherd JD, Shore T, Reece DE, et al. Cyclosporine/Methylprednisone Prophylaxis for Acute Graft-Vs-Host Disease. Bone Marrow Transplantation in 1988; 3:553-558
· ShoreT, Harpel J, Schuster MW, Roboz GJ, Leonard JP, Coleman M, Feldman EJ, Silver RT. A Study of a Reduced-Intensity Conditioning Regimen Followed by Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation for Patients with Hematologic Malignancies Using Campath-1H as Part of a Graft-versus-Host Disease Strategy. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2006 Aug;12(8):868-75.
· Shore T. Stem Cell Transplantation for Myelodysplastic Syndromes: The Lure of a Cure. Current Hematologic Malignancy Reports. 2007. Vol. 2, No. 7:3-8.
· Rennert H, Leonard DG, Cushing M, Azurin C, Shore T. Avoiding pitfalls in bone marrow engraftment analysis: a case study highlighting the weakness of using buccal cells for determining a patient's constitutional genotype after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Cytotherapy. 2012 Dec 17. doi:pii: S1465-3249(12)00016-3.
· Ustun C, Reiter A, Scott BL, Nakamura R, Damaj G, Kreil S, Shanley R, Hogan WJ, Perales MA, Shore T, Baurmann H, Stuart R, Gruhn B, Doubek M, Hsu JW, Tholouli E, Gromke T, Godley LA, Pagano L, Gilman A, Wagner EM, Shwayder T, Bornhäuser M, Papadopoulos EB, Böhm A, Vercellotti G, Van Lint MT, Schmid C, Rabitsch W, Pullarkat V, Legrand F, Yakoub-Agha I, Saber W, Barrett J, Hermine O, Hagglund H, Sperr WR, Popat U, Alyea EP, Devine S, Deeg HJ, Weisdorf D, Akin C, Valent P. Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Transplantation for Advanced Systemic Mastocytosis.J Clin Oncol. 2014 Aug 25. pii: JCO.2014.55.2018. [Epub ahead of print]
· Rondelli D, Goldberg JD, Isola L, Price LS, Shore TB, Boyer M, Bacigalupo A, Rambaldi A, Scarano M, Klisovic RB, Gupta V, Andreasson B, Mascarenhas J, Wetzler M, Vannucchi AM, Prchal JT, Najfeld V, Orazi A, Weinberg RS, Miller C, Barosi G, Silverman LR, Prosperini G, Marchioli R, Hoffman R.MPD-RC 101 prospective study of reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with myelofibrosis. Blood. 2014 Aug 14;124(7):1183-91. doi: 10.1182/blood-2014-04-572545. Epub 2014 Jun 24.
Honors and Awards
- 1973 - 1974, University of Manitoba Dean's Honor List
- Rosabelle Searle Leach Scholarship for Highest Standing
- Isbister Undergraduate Scholarship for Highest Standing
- 1974 - 1975, University of Manitoba Dean's Honor List
- University Women's Club of Winnipeg Undergraduate Scholarship for Highest Standing
- Alumni Association Scholarship for High Standing
- 1984-1985 Fellowship in Clinical Oncology of the National Cancer Institute of Canada
- 1989-1990 Most Outstanding Clinician by the Medicine IV Class (Honourable Mention) University of Manitoba
- 1998 Manitoba Quality Network (QNET) Quality Champion Award
· 2013; Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing (Leukemia Research)
- Medical Oncology
- Bone Marrow Disorder
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- M.D., University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine (Canada), 1979