You are here
New York, NY 10038
Dr. Szilvia Nagy practices at Weill Cornell Medicine Lower Manhattan Hospital Ob/Gyn's 170 William Street offices. She specializes in general obstetrics and gynecology.
Specialties & Expertise
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Well Female Exam With Routine Gynecological Exam
- Gynecological Examination
- Gynecologic Examination
- Anogenital HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) Infection
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
NewYork Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Instructor in Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2006
- B.S., Miami University, 2002
Dr. Szilvia Nagy is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist who is dedicated to providing a high quality of care in a friendly and supportive environment to women of all ages.
Dr. Nagy provides complete care in all aspects of general obstetrics and gynecology. Her clinical interests include management of abnormal pap smears and HPV, treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and counseling on safe-sex practices, contraceptive counseling, medical and surgical management of abnormal uterine bleeding and general obstetrical care.
While in faculty practice at New York Downtown Hospital, Dr. Nagy became the Assistant Residency Program Director and received the Zinberg Award for recognition of an attending physician whose leadership has inspired the residents to high standards of commitment and patient care. Dr. Nagy is continuing her educational efforts at New York Presbyterian – Lower Manhattan Hospital with the physician assistants.
Dr. Nagy graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and a Minor in French from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She then received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine. Dr. Nagy then completed her residency training at New York Downtown Hospital. Dr. Nagy had been in private practice in San Antonio, Texas and then in faculty practice at New York Downtown Hospital before joining the faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College.