You are here
New York, NY 10065
Specialties & Expertise
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2005
- B.S., Tufts University, 2000
Stephen Yhu, M.D. is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Yhu earned his B.S., cum laude, in Biology from Tufts University, Medford, Mass. in 2000. He was awarded his M.D. degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY in 2005.
Dr. Yhu did a transitional internship year at Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY before completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2006-2010) at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY. He then received fellowship training in Neuroradiology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell for a year (2010-2011) after which he joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in July 2011.
Dr. Yhu is a member of the Emergency Radiology Division. His clinical expertise is in Neuroradiology and he interprets a variety of studies related to brain, spine, and tumor imaging. He also performs body imaging studies, including CT and ultrasound.
Dr. Yhu achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2010.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Yhu is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Yhu is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
● American College of Radiology (ACR)
● Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)