Susan W. Broner, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
Susan W. Broner, MD is Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Medical Director of the Weill Cornell Medicine Headache Program. Dr. Broner is board-certified in Headache Medicine and specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of headache disorders including migraine and its variants, cluster headaches and other forms of chronic and episodic headache.
Dr. Broner received her medical degree from SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine. She completed her residency in neurology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and went on to complete a Fellowship in Headache Medicine at the Headache Institute of St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital. After serving as Attending Neurologist and Headache Specialist at Roosevelt Hospital, Dr. Broner founded the Manhattan Headache Center, where she served as Medical Director, before joining Weill Cornell.
Dr. Broner’s research priorities include migraine in women, acute and preventative approaches, integrative headache care and identifying and addressing the needs of underserved populations. She has authored and co-authored numerous articles in journals and books, has lectured on headache in both academic and corporate/community settings and has been an expert in lay media outlets, including TV, radio and internet. Interested in underserved population, she founded the Underserved Populations in Headache Medicine special interest group of the American Headache Society and served as its Chair. She is a Member of the WHO Lifting the Burden, The Global Campaign against Headache, whose purpose is to improve health care delivery to people with headache, globally, and serves on the Board of HealthyWomen.org.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Neurology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 2000
- B.A., Manhattan College, 1980
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.