Susan Karabell, M.D.
Dr. Susan Karabell, MD is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Attending Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. She is currently seeing patients for medication evaluation and treatment as well for psychotherapy.
*Please note: Dr. Karabell is only accepting the following insurances:*
Aetna - Weill Cornell - POSAetna-NYP - EPO/POSMedicare Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Specialties and Expertise
- General Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Mood Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Reproductive Psychiatry
- Women's Mental Health
- Postpartum Depression
Dr. Susan Karabell received her undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania. She worked as an investment banking analyst until switching to a medical career. She received a certificate in postbaccalaureate premedical sciences at Columbia University, and her medical degree at St. George’s University in Grenada. She completed her residency in Adult Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Morningside/Mount Sinai West and Fellowship in Reproductive Psychiatry at Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island/Warren Alpert Brown Medical School. Since joining the Weill Cornell faculty, Dr. Karabell has treated patients for a wide range of psychiatric disorders in a variety of clinical settings. She has expertise in pregnancy and postpartum psychiatric disorders, pregnancy loss, infertility, preconception planning and menopause. She is actively involved in teaching of trainees and medical staff.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., St. George's University School of Medicine (Grenada), 2013
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported