Steven Pon, M.D.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Respiratory Failure
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1984
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Best Doctors
- 2012 New York Super Doctors.
- 2009 Best Doctors
- 2001 Fellow of the American College of Critical Care Medicine
- 1999 President of the New York Society of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- 1989 The Willis A. Wingert Award for best abstract presented at the scientific program of the Emergency Medicine Section of the American Academy of Pediatrics. "Utilization of Prehospital Care by Pediatric Patients in New York City." Chicago, IL. October, 1989
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Pediatrician
Dr. Steven Pon was born and raised in the New York metropolitan area. He left to attend Harvard University and returned after earning a degree in biology with honors, completing his medical school training, pediatric residency, and fellowship training in pediatric emergency medicine at the New York University School of Medicine and Bellevue Hospital Center. Dr. Pon then completed fellowship training in pediatric critical care medicine at the Cornell University Medical Center - New York Hospital.
Dr. Pon is an attending pediatrician and the Associate Director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and is an Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is the associate director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and serves on many Hospital committees.
Collaborating with pediatric intensivists from other institutions has been an especially rewarding activity for Dr. Pon. He was a founding member and a former president of the New York Society for Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and serves on the board of the Pediatric Critical Care Colloquium. Dr. Pon is a charter member of the Virtual Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, and co-editor of the PedsCCM.org website, widely recognized as the single most valuable web-based resource for pediatric intensivists. He also serves on the Scientific Committee of the Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis Investigators, a consortium of over sixty pediatric intensive care units in the United States and Canada dedicated to developing and conducting multi-institutional clinical research projects.