Steven J. DiBiase, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Radiation Oncology
- Prostate Cancer
- Brain Neoplasm
Dr. Steven J. DiBiase specializes in complicated cancer cases involving all sites in the body. He has a particular expertise in stereotactic radiation therapy to treat prostate cancer, brain tumors, and lung cancer. He is sought out for his attention to details, his personal relationships with his patients, and his extensive background in radiation oncology.
Steven J. DiBiase, MD, is the chair and chief of service for the Julia and Ned Arnold Center for Radiation Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens and is on the hospital's executive committee. He is a Vice Chairman and Assistant Professor (Interim) of Radiation Oncology at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. DiBiase has worked in Radiation Oncology at several health systems throughout the country, including the University of Maryland Medical System, the Cooper Health System, the Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, the University of Tennessee Medical Center and Tulane University School of Medicine. He has also worked as a cancer center reviewer for the American College of Radiology’s Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation Program for more than nine years.
Dr. DiBiase has authored more than 40 peer-reviewed publications and presentations. He was awarded a National Institute of Health Research Project Grant (NIH R01) as the Principal Investigator for a study utilizing advanced MRI techniques and radiation therapy to treat prostate cancer. He has extensive clinical background in stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) technologies for complex cancerous lesions and is a national leader in the management of prostate cancer. He activiely participates in the newest approaches to cancer therapy and is the Principal Investigator for the NRG national cooperative group at NYP Queens.
- Radiation Oncology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiation Oncologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiation Oncology (Interim) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 1994
- B.S., Seton Hall University, 1990
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY