Steven J. DiBiase, M.D.
Dr. Steven J. DiBiase specializes in complicated cancer cases involving all sites in the body. He has a particular expertise in stereotactic radiation therapy to treat prostate cancer, brain tumors, and lung cancer. He is sought out for his attention to details, his personal relationships with his patients, and his extensive background in radiation oncology.
Specialties and Expertise
- Radiation Oncology
- Prostate Cancer
- Brain Neoplasm
Steven J. DiBiase, MD, is the chair and chief of service for the Julia and Ned Arnold Center for Radiation Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens and is on the hospital's executive committee. He is a Vice Chairman and Assistant Professor (Interim) of Radiation Oncology at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. DiBiase has worked in Radiation Oncology at several health systems throughout the country, including the University of Maryland Medical System, the Cooper Health System, the Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, the University of Tennessee Medical Center and Tulane University School of Medicine. He has also worked as a cancer center reviewer for the American College of Radiology’s Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation Program for more than nine years.
Dr. DiBiase has authored more than 40 peer-reviewed publications and presentations. He was awarded a National Institute of Health Research Project Grant (NIH R01) as the Principal Investigator for a study utilizing advanced MRI techniques and radiation therapy to treat prostate cancer. He has extensive clinical background in stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) technologies for complex cancerous lesions and is a national leader in the management of prostate cancer. He activiely participates in the newest approaches to cancer therapy and is the Principal Investigator for the NRG national cooperative group at NYP Queens.
- American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiation Oncologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiation Oncology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 1994
- B.S., Seton Hall University, 1990
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported