Specialties and Expertise
- Young Adults
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety
Stephanie Rohrig, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist with expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety, depression, attention-deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and related conditions in youth, adolescents, and young adults. Dr. Rohrig holds appointments as an Assistant Attending Psychologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Instructor of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine. Dr. Rohrig offers individual and group psychotherapy for children, teens, and young adults. She is a certified Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) clinician and offers individual therapy and groups for parents of teens and young adults exhibiting mood, behavioral, and independence difficulties. She also has extensive experience in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) with teens and young adults with emotion dysregulation and their families. Dr. Rohrig is a member of the Youth Anxiety Center at Weill Cornell Medicine where she participates in clinical research focused on youth, young adults, and parents. Her specific research interests include anxiety and school avoidance in youth and emotion dysregulation in parents.
Dr. Rohrig has extensive training in evidence-based assessment and treatments for children, adolescents and young adults suffering from emotionaland behavioral disorders. Dr. Rohrig earned her Ph.D. from Hofstra University and completed her internship training at the New York University- Child Study Center/Bellevue Hospital. Throughout her doctoral training, Dr. Rohrig worked in a variety of clinical settings and developed a specialty in treating youth in acute care. She joined the Youth Anxiety Center team at New York Presbyterian to complete her postdoctoral training in the assessment and treatment of anxiety disorders in children, adolescents, and young adults. As a member of the Youth Anxiety Center team, Dr. Rohrig has contributed to the growth and development of parenting services in the adolescent and adult partial hospitalization programs at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• Recipient of the Harold E. Yuker Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement, 2014
• Graduated with Summa Cum Laude distinction, 2011
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor of Psychology in Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Hofstra University, 2019
- M.A., Hofstra University, 2015
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 2011
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark