Specialties and Expertise
- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
- Mullerian Anomaly of Uterus
- Fertility Preservation
- Ovulation Induction
- Reproductive Surgery
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Female Infertility
Dr. Samantha M. Pfeifer is an Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology and Clinical Reproductive Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. A board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist, her specialties include in vitro fertilization, ovulation induction and fertility preservation (egg freezing). She has a special interest in reproductive surgery, and is a noted expert on the surgical management of Müllerian anomalies. Dr. Pfeifer is regularly featured in Castle Connolly's annual Best Doctor list, among other regional and national best-physician lists.
In addition to her clinical practice, Dr. Pfeifer is active in leading professional societies as well as medical research and education. She serves as Chair of the Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and has authored or co-authored original research on IVF, Müllerian anomalies and the management of hormonal disorders in adolescent girls. Dr. Pfeifer is a frequent invited speaker at regional and national medical conferences, and has been recognized for her commitment to the education of the next generation of physicians, including by the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology’s Mentor of the Year Award in 2010.
Dr. Pfeifer graduated from Bryn Mawr College with an A.B. in Economics. She completed her medical degree, residency (Obstetrics & Gynecology) and fellowship (Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility), all at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pfeifer joined Penn’s faculty after her fellowship, and was an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Director of Reproductive Surgery before joining Weill Cornell Medical College in 2013.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Dr. Pfeifer's office at (646) 962-7499. For more information about Cornell's Department of Reproductive Medicine, visit http://www.ivf.org.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Clinical Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1986
- A.B., Bryn Mawr College, 1982
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.