Serena Mulhern, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
Dr. Mulhern received her undergraduate degree from Princeton University. She then went on to study animal behavior and ecology at the University of California at Berkeley where she completed a Masters degree. She returned to the east coast to the University of Connecticut School of Medicine where she received her MD degree. She completed her Internal Medicine residency training at the University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, in 1998, and has been working as a general internist in Manhattan since completion of her training.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 1995
- M.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1991
- B.A., Princeton University, 1989
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- * AETNA - PPO
- * AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported