Shai M. Pri-Paz, MD, FACOG
Dr. Shai Pri-Paz practices at Weill Cornell Medicine Ob/Gyn 68th Street offices. He specializes in the care of high risk obstetrics.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Incompetent Cervix
- Fetal Anomaly
- Maternal-Fetal Ultrasound
- Maternal Medicine
- Multiple Gestations (Twins/Triplet)
- Multiple Gestations
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- M.D., Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (Israel), 2001
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Dr. Pri-Paz, board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, has special interests in pregnancies complicated by multiple gestations, fetal anomalies, abnormal placentation, cervical insufficiency, IVF pregnancies and maternal medical conditions. He performs ultrasound exams and prenatal diagnosis procedures such as Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) and amniocentesis.
Dr. Pri-Paz graduated from the Sackler School of Medicine in Israel. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in Philadelphia at the Albert Einstein Medical Center / Thomas Jefferson University Health Care System, where he was named Chief Resident. He graduated of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship program at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Pri-Paz holds the opportunities he has had to work under the direction of world leading physicians in the highest regard.
Dr. Pri-Paz has stated that the move to join the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College under the guidance of Dr. Frank Chervenak, the Department Chair, is a natural one for him. Dr. Pri-Paz believes in working with his patients to develop a relationship centered around the primary focus of their health. He strives to accomplish this by open communication--listening to patients' needs and providing them with the necessary information and care--so they can make the best possible choices and receive the best possible care.
Dr. Pri-Paz received his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine in Israel. His post doctoral training includes an internship and a residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center, Thomas Jefferson University Health Care System, Philadelphia, PA in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY.