Shai M. Pri-Paz, MD, FACOG
Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Dr. Shai Pri-Paz practices at Weill Cornell Medicine Ob/Gyn 68th Street offices. He specializes in the care of high risk obstetrics.
Specialties and Expertise
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Incompetent Cervix
- Fetal Anomaly
- Maternal-Fetal Ultrasound
- Maternal Medicine
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Multiple Gestations (Twins/Triplet)
- Multiple Gestations
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Pregnancy Conceived Through In Vitro Fertilization
- Chorionic Villus Sampling
Dr. Pri-Paz, board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, has special interests in pregnancies complicated by multiple gestations, fetal anomalies, abnormal placentation, cervical insufficiency, IVF pregnancies and maternal medical conditions. He performs ultrasound exams and prenatal diagnosis procedures such as Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) and amniocentesis.
Dr. Pri-Paz graduated from the Sackler School of Medicine in Israel. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in Philadelphia at the Albert Einstein Medical Center / Thomas Jefferson University Health Care System, where he was named Chief Resident. He graduated of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship program at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Pri-Paz holds the opportunities he has had to work under the direction of world leading physicians in the highest regard.
Dr. Pri-Paz has stated that the move to join the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College under the guidance of Dr. Frank Chervenak, the Department Chair, is a natural one for him. Dr. Pri-Paz believes in working with his patients to develop a relationship centered around the primary focus of their health. He strives to accomplish this by open communication--listening to patients' needs and providing them with the necessary information and care--so they can make the best possible choices and receive the best possible care.
Dr. Pri-Paz received his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine in Israel. His post doctoral training includes an internship and a residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center, Thomas Jefferson University Health Care System, Philadelphia, PA in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Maternal & Fetal Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (Israel), 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported