As a Critical Care Physician with additional training and certification in Neurocritical Care and Emergency Medicine, I find the care of the sickest patients to be both intellectually challenging and emotionally gratifying. My research, writing, and teaching centers on the cardiopulmonary interface – airway management, hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation and their intersection in critically ill patients. In the intensive care unit at New York Presbyterian-Lower Manhattan Hospital, our team provides the finest care I have ever seen in any facility. We provide this care to a culturally diverse mix of patients with undifferentiated medical, surgical, and neurologic illness. We are proud to serve as guarantors of safety for such patients in our unit and throughout the hospital. As I have matured and had the privilege of working with wise, conscientious and compassionate colleagues, I have come to better appreciate the impact of serious illness on patients and their families. In addition to addressing the pathophysiology of illness and instability, our team works to alleviate pain, agitation, fear, and delirium. We also address the grief, anxiety, and other concerns that patients and their loved ones experience. When it is indicated, we blend palliative and intensive care. This is a calling that my colleagues and I value as physicians and as human beings.
Specialties and Expertise
- Critical Care Medicine
- Neurointensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Airway Management
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Hemodynamic Monitoring Assessment
- Palliative Care
- Critical Care
Dr. Manoach is Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine and Director of the Medical ICU at New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital. He earned his MD from Weill Cornell Medical College and completed residency in Emergency Medicine at New York University/Bellevue Hospital. He completed fellowships in Anesthesia Critical Care at SUNY Downstate and in Internal Medicine-Critical Care at Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Award for Outstanding Achievement during Fellowship, SUNY Downstate medical Center, Resident and Fellows Alumni Society: April 2010.
Certificate of Appreciation for Root Cause Analysis. SUNY-DMC, National Healthcare Quality Week, October 2006.
Honoree: The Research Foundation, SUNY; Annual Recognition Dinner, November 4, 2004.
Certificate of Appreciation. US Army Joint Special Operations Medical Training Center; 1st Special Warefare Training Group (Airborne), Special Operations Combat Medic Class of February 2001.
Certificate of Appreciation, 1999. Physicians for Human Rights.
Certificate of Appreciatioin for Rendering Instruction above the Call of Duty. US Army Joint Special Operations Medical Training Center, 1st Special Warefare Training Group (Airborne), Special Operations Combat Medic Class of February 1997.
Joseph Collins Foundation Scholarship for the Humanities and Social Sciences in Medicine, 1992-1995. Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- United Council for Neurological Subspecialties (Neurocritical Care)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1995
- B.S., Cornell University, 1988
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical