Sabiha Merchant, M.B., B.S.
- Neurology With Special Qualifications In Child Neurology
- Child Neurology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Tic Disorder
- Pediatric Epilepsy
- Movement Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
- Neurometabolic Disorder
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.,B.S., Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Shivaja University (India), 1998
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Merchant is an Attending Physician in Neurology and Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College in the Division of Child Neurology. After receiving her medical degree from Dr. D.Y.Patil Medical College in Mumbai, India, she completed her Pediatric residency training at the Brooklyn Hospital Center, an affiliate of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Following residency, Dr. Merchant completed a Pediatric Neurology Fellowship at NYU Medical Center and went on to complete a two year Epilepsy Fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. After her fellowships, she joined the Division of Child Neurology at Weill Cornell, where she also serves as the Director of the Pediatric Neurophysiology Fellowship.
She is board certified in Neurology with special qualification in Child Neurology. Her clinical interests include Childhood Epilepsy Syndromes, Neurometabolic diseases and epileptic encephalopathies as well as intractable epilepsies that may potentially be surgically treated.
Dr. Merchant's other areas of interest and treatment include Pediatric Movement Disorders, including patients with tics and Tourette's syndrome.