You are here
New York, NY 10065
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Nuclear Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Buenos Aires Faculty of Medicine (Argentina), 2004
Silvina Dutruel, MD is a board certified Nuclear Medicine physician with additional expertise in Body MRI. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Dutruel attended the School of Medicine at Universidad de Buenos Aires where she obtained her M.D. degree with Honors in 2004. She then completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology from 2004 to 2008 at Hospital Britanico de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
An active member of the research community, Dr. Dutruel collaborated in multiple research projects lead by Dr. Martin R. Prince and Dr. Yi Wang‘s Cornell MRI Research lab since 2011. She co-authored a wide variety of articles including, but not limited to, cardiac and liver imaging, ADPK, and CTA/MRA perforator imaging. Dr. Dutruel was awarded the RSNA 2012 Trainee Research Prize for the investigation in adverse reactions to gadolinium-based contrast agents.
Dr. Dutruel completed fellowship training in Body MRI at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City from 2012 to 2014. Subsequently she completed a three-year Nuclear Medicine residency in this same institution where she served as Chief Resident for two years. For her outstanding service to patients, she received the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee CARE award in 2016. Dr. Dutruel was invited to join the faculty and was appointed Assistant Attending of Radiology in July 2017.
Dr. Dutruel’s clinical expertise is in Nuclear Medicine. She interprets PET/CT as well as variety of general nuclear medicine studies and performs thyroid treatment and radio-immunotherapy.
Dr. Dutruel achieved Board Certification in Nuclear Medicine from the American Board of Nuclear Medicine in 2016. Her research interests include oncologic and molecular imaging, thyroid disease and bone mineral density. In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Dutruel is active in the education of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Dutruel is a member of the following prestigious radiological societies:
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Radiological Society of North America
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance Medicine
- European Society of Radiology