Locations and Appointments
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Body Imaging
- Body Imaging - US/CT/MRI
- Breast Imaging
- Breast Sonogram
- US Breast
- MRI Breast
- Stereotactic Biopsy of Breast
- Core Needle Biopsy, Breast, With Imaging Guidance
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Dartmouth Medical School, 2006
- B.A., Kenyon College, 1996
Shanon M. Connolly, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging and Body Imaging. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Connolly is a graduate of Kenyon College in Gambier, OH, earning her B.A degree, with Highest Honors in Biochemistry in 1996. She was Research Technician at Duke University Medical Center’s Center for AIDS Research from 1996 to 2000 and a Virology Analyst at Biogen, Inc. from 2000-2001. Dr. Connolly earned her M.D. degree, with Honors, from Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, N.H. in 2006.
After a transitional internship year at St. Barnabas Medical Center (Livingston, NJ), Dr. Connolly completed residency training (2007-2011) in Diagnostic Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Connolly then completed a Fellowship (2011-2012) in Breast and Body Imaging at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY.
Dr. Connolly achieved Board Certification Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2011.
Dr. Connolly joined the full-time faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College as Assistant Professor of Radiology and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus in August 2012.
Dr. Connolly is a member of the Weill Cornell radiology team located at NewYork-Presbyterian-Lower Manhattan Hospital which provides a full array of diagnostic radiologic services. Dr. Connolly’s clinical expertise is in Women’s Imaging and she interprets mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and performs breast procedures including stereotactic breast biopsies and image-guided breast biopsies (ultrasound and MRI). She also interprets body CT, body ultrasound, and body MRI.
Dr. Connolly is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
• Society for Breast Imaging
• American College of Radiology (ACR)
• Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
• Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare Health Plans