Specialties and Expertise
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
Sasis received his M.D, degree in Bangkok, Thailand, and then did a AP/CPresidency at SUNY Downstate in 2008. He finished a surgical pathology fellowship at NYU in 2009 and completed a cytology fellowship and women’s health (combined breast and GYN) pathology fellowship at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2010 and 2011.
Sasis is a board-certified pathologist with 10 year work experience in various settings, including academia, a private hospital and a commercial laboratory. His work experience has made him competent in many areas of surgical pathology in addition to breast, GYN and cytology including GI, GU, soft tissue, basic dermatopathology. He also has gained experience in pediatric pathology during his time at Montefiore Medical Center.
Sasis previously worked at Maimonides Medical Center where he signs out a high volume of general surgical pathology including GI, breast, GYN, soft tissue, GU, pediatric with emphasis on GYN and breast. He also signs out cytology; both GYN and non-GYN. At Maimonides, they sign out a high volume of large complex cancer cases, small biopsies, non-GYN and GYN cytology cases daily. It is my understanding from his letters of recommendation that he thrives on working efficiently and thoroughly. They also state that he is confident with frozen section diagnoses. Sasis is a very competent pathologist who is very well needed in the WCM-NYP network system.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• Honors in Internal Medicine, University, Bangkok, Thailand, 04/1998
- American Board of Pathology (Clinical Pathology)
- American Board of Pathology (Cytopathology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Mahidol University Faculty of Medicine (Thailand), 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.