Sarah B. Lieber, M.D., M.S.
Provider of world-class care at NewYork-Presbyterian
Locations and Appointments
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.
About Sarah B. Lieber, M.D., M.S.
Dr. Sarah Lieber specializes in the care of patients with systemic rheumatic diseases. She received her undergraduate degree from Yale University and her medical degree from Harvard Medical School. She completed her internal medicine internship and residency and also served as a chief resident in internal medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. Dr. Lieber subsequently completed her rheumatology fellowship at Hospital for Special Surgery while also obtaining a Master of Science degree from Weill Cornell Medicine Graduate School of Medical Sciences.
Dr. Lieber maintains an active clinical research program with the hope of improving health-related quality of life in patients with systemic rheumatic diseases. She has a focus on frailty, body composition, and aging in lupus and inflammatory arthritis and also participates in research related to reproductive health in patients with lupus and other systemic rheumatic diseases. Dr. Lieber has received support for her work from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, the Rheumatology Research Foundation, and the Barbara Volcker Center for Women and Rheumatic Diseases at Hospital for Special Surgery.
• KL2 Award, Weill Cornell Clinical and Translational Science Center, 2021
• Michael D. Lockshin Fellowship of the Barbara Volcker Center for Women and Rheumatic Diseases, Hospital for Special Surgery, 2019
• Scientist Development Award, Rheumatology Research Foundation, 2018
• Katherine Swan Ginsburg Humanism in Medicine Award, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 2015
• Medical and Pediatric Resident Research Award, Rheumatology Research Foundation, 2014
• Elmer Hinton Award, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 2013
• Edward Sapir Prize, Yale University, 2007
• Phi Beta Kappa Society, 2007
M.S.Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University2019
M.D.Harvard Medical School2012
Assistant Attending PhysicianHospital for Special Surgery
Assistant Attending PhysicianNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Assistant Professor of MedicineWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.