Sandeep Reddy Gangireddy, M.D.
Dr. Gangireddy cares for patients with cardiovascular diseases, and tailors therapies to fit each individual patient's needs. It is his goal to improve the health and well-being of patients with heart disease using meaningful lifestyle changes alongside medical therapies.
Specialties and Expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Transthoracic Echocardiography
Dr. Gangireddy is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and New York Presbyterian Hospital. In addition to caring for patients at the Weill Greenberg Center, he interprets and performs echocardiograms, and attends on the inpatient services at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Gangireddy was born in Maryland, and completed his undergraduate degree in Computer Science at the Illinois Institute of Technology. He then attended the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School, where he graduated in 2008.
Following medical school, he completed Internal Medicine Residency, a two year Clinical Research Fellowship, and his Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Following his fellowship training in cardiovascular diseases, he completed a Research Fellowship in Clinical Informatics at Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2008
- B.S., Illinois Institute of Technology, 2003
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported