Ronald S. Winokur, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Phlebectomy, Varicose Vein
- Sclerotherapy (Spider Vein)
- Cosmetic Sclerotherapy of Legs
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Venous Insufficiency
- Arterio-Venous Malformation
- Liver Embolization
- Tumor Embolization
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Varicocele Embolization
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.S., Tulane University, 2002
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2006
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Ronald S. Winokur, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in interventional radiology and minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He sees patients at the NYPH-Weill Cornell Campus, where he focuses on the treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), chronic venous disease, pelvic venous insufficiency, pelvic congestion syndrome, varicoceles, and interventional treatments of cancer. Dr. Winokur also sees patients at Weill Cornell Vascular in a brand new facility located at 2315 Broadway (84th Street), where he utilizes techniques such as endovenous thermal ablation with laser (EVLT), sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy for the treatment of varicose veins.
Dr. Winokur was invited to join the faculty of Weill Cornell Radiology faculty after completing a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Winokur completed a residency in diagnostic radiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he was elected and served as Chief Resident in his final year of residency. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at The Lankenau Hospital after earning his M.D. degree from Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Winokur earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical engineering from Tulane University prior to attending medical school.
Dr. Winokur’s clinical expertise is in interventional oncology and venous diseases involving both the deep and superficial venous systems as well as pelvic venous conditions. He performs a wide variety of interventional procedures including, but not limited to ablations and embolizations for malignancy, procedures to remove acute and chronic clots in the deep venous system, advanced techniques to treat varicose veins, treatment of pelvic venous insufficiency, image-guided biopsies and vascular access.
Dr. Winokur achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2012. His research interests include interventional treatment of liver malignancy and the treatment of venous diseases, a topic in which he has co-authored several book chapters, written peer reviewed publications and presented at national meetings. He has also presented his work at national meetings regarding improving radiology resident education. In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Winokur is an active teacher of residents, Interventional Radiology fellows, and medical students.