Renee Saenger, MD is assistant professor of clinical psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College and assistant attending at New York-Presybterian Hospital in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Saenger also provides psychiatric consultation to pediatric patients at Blythedale Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, NY. In her faculty practice she treats children and adolescents of all ages as well as adults. She provides a comprehensive individualized assessment that takes into account medical, psychological and environmental factors. She can be helpful with a variety of concerns including depression, anxiety, and adjustment to life events such as medical illness, loss, and family difficulties. As a child psychiatrist, Dr. Saenger is particularly attuned to developmental and behavioral concerns. Dr. Saenger is trained in both psychotherapy and medication management.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Separation Anxiety
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Substance Abuse
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Disruptive Behavior Disorder
- Tic Disorder
- Autism Spectrum
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Eating Disorder
Dr. Saenger received her undergraduate degree in history from Columbia College of Columbia University. She went on to receive her medical degree from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons where she was awarded an NIH medical student research fellowship. After completing her training in general psychiatry at New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center, Dr. Saenger completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She supervises and teaches residents at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Child & Adolescent Psychiatry)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2010
- B.A., Columbia College-Columbia University, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported