You are here
Specialties & Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2011
- B.S., New York University, 2007
Dr. Robert Fakheri completed his undergraduate, summa cum laude with double major in Biology and Chemistry, and medical school with Honors at New York University (NYU). He then also completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at NYU.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine in 2018, Dr. Fakheri served as faculty for NYU School of Medicine and practiced as a hospitalist. In this position, Dr. Fakheri played an integral role in clinical education for medical students and trainees while also caring for acutely ill and complex patients admitted at NYU hospital. In addition to education and clinical care, Dr. Fakheri is also a distinguished author in the medical literature with multiple peer-reviewed publications on a variety of topics. Furthermore, Dr. Fakheri is highly regarded as a speaker, providing Grand Rounds talks at other medical centers. Dr. Fakheri also served as the Vice President for the local NYC chapter of the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Dr. Fakheri is excited to now work with Weill Cornell Medicine Primary Care and looks forward to using his years of experience to help patients with all of their medical concerns, big or small.
Dr. Fakheri is Board Certified in Internal Medicine.