After beginning my career in neurological surgery caring for pediatric patients and adult patients with brain tumors, I became increasingly interested in caring for patients with disorders of the spine. I now exclusively treat adult patients with spinal conditions. Many of these patients ultimately improve without requiring surgical intervention. When an operation is indicated as the best solution to their problem, I emply microsurgical techniques whenever possible.
Specialties and Expertise
- Spine Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
Dr. Robert Snow is a board-certified neurosurgeon who has routinely been named to lists of Castle Connolly Top Doctors and New York magazine’s Best Doctors in New York. He has advanced skills and expertise in all areas of neurosurgery, with specialized training in spine surgery. He received his undergraduate degree from Syracuse University, then earned his MA and PhD at the University of Chicago. He received his MD from Stanford University, where he completed his general surgery internship, then completed his neurosurgical residency at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Snow has published dozens of peer-reviewed papers on a wide variety of neurosurgical topics; his work has appeared in journals including Neurosurgery, Surgical Neurology, Acta Radiologica, and the Journal of Spinal Disorders.
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Neurological Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, 1981
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1980
- M.A., University of Chicago, 1976
- B.S., Syracuse University, 1974
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported