I have been at the Hypertension Center since 1980. My role began there as a Hypertensive Research nurse, after working in the Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Care Unit, and Medical/ Surgical Floors, of the then New York Hospital.
It was a fascinating and innovative time at the Hypertensive Center, where we were investigating the various causes of Hypertension by conducting Phase 1 to Phase 3 research studies. I had the opportunity to work with the best clinicians and researchers in this field, who generously shared their wealth of knowledge with me.
In 1998, I obtained a Master’s Degree and Adult Nurse Practitioner certification from New York University. My role at the Hypertension Center then expanded as a clinician where I began treating many of the patients that had been in the original research studies. Today, I continue to work with the best practitioners in this field!
Specialties and Expertise
Rosemerie Marion, B.S., M.A., is a Nurse Practitioner at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Staff Associate in Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. Ms. Marion received her Master’s Degree and Adult Nurse Practitioner certification from New York University in 1998. She is a Hypertension Specialist with expertise in clinical trials of ace inhibitors, beta blockers, renal artery stenosis and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Nurse Practitioner - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Staff Associate in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.A., New York University, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- * AETNA - HMO
- * AETNA - PPO
- * AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WorldWide Medical