Locations and Appointments
- Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Difficult Airway Management
- Fiberoptic Intubation
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Anesthesiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin, 1984
Dr. Ralph Slepian is a Professor of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Attending Anesthesiologist with the Department of Anesthesiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
After graduating from Hofstra University, he received his M.D. from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He completed his internship and residency in the department of anesthesia at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in cardiothoracic and pediatric anesthesia at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Ralph Slepian performs anesthesia for all complicated patients. His special interests are in adult and pediatric cardiac surgery patients. He has specific expertise in the patient who is a difficult airway / intubation.
Dr. Ralph Slepian has participated in medical student and resident education. He enjoys teaching residents fiberoptic intubation. In addition, he has participated in research involving the airway.
Dr. Slepian has held many positions during his tenure at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He was the Anesthesiology Residency director for ten years. He has also been the Cardiac Anesthesia Director and has helped start the Cardiac Surgery and Anesthesia programs at two affiliated institutions. He is the Medical Director of Inpatient Operating Rooms & Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans