You are here
Richard L. Levy, M.D.
Our mission in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus is to provide all of our patients and their families with consistently excellent, thoughtful, and compassionate care. Our team of physicians, support staff, and physicians-in-training stands ready for the challenges of pediatric eye disease and ocular misalignment. From educating a family on the nature of their child's eye condition, to performing strabismus surgery, to imparting knowledge to the next generation of physicians, my job provides daily challenges and rewards. I find it a perpetual honor to be entrusted with my patients' eyes and vision.
Specialties & Expertise
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Strabismus Surgery In Children and Adults
- Pediatric Strabismus
- Double Vision
- Lazy Eye
- Clinical Research
- Pediatric Cataract Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- * Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- * GHI - CBP
- Health First
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- WellCare Health Plans
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1998
Honors & Awards
1. Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Harvard College, 1993
2. Grunebaum Cancer Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, 1997-98
3. Wilmer Resident Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2005
4. Von L. Meyer Fellowship Award, Children's Hospital Boston, 2005
5. Farley Fund Fellowship Award, Children's Hospital Boston, 2005
6. Director, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Weill Cornell Medicine
Dr. Levy is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and the Director of the Pediatric Ophthalmology service at Weill Cornell Medicine and a member of the Weill Cornell Ophthalmology Department.
After graduating from Harvard College and Harvard Medical School, he completed his ophthalmology residency at the Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital and New York University. He completed fellowships in neuro-ophthalmology, at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and then pediatric ophthalmology, at Children's Hospital Boston.
Before returning to New York, he was a Clinical Instructor of Pediatric Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School and on the staff at Children's Hospital Boston, where he was also the director of residency training for the ophthalmology department.
Dr. Levy sees children of all ages and adults with strabismus.