Richard L. Levy, M.D.
Our mission in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus is to provide all of our patients and their families with consistently excellent, thoughtful, and compassionate care. Our team of physicians, support staff, and physicians-in-training stands ready for the challenges of pediatric eye disease and ocular misalignment. From educating a family on the nature of their child's eye condition, to performing strabismus surgery, to imparting knowledge to the next generation of physicians, my job provides daily challenges and rewards. I find it a perpetual honor to be entrusted with my patients' eyes and vision.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Strabismus Surgery In Children and Adults
- Pediatric Strabismus
- Double Vision
- Lazy Eye
- Clinical Research
- Pediatric Cataract Surgery
Dr. Levy is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and the Director of the Pediatric Ophthalmology service at Weill Cornell Medicine and a member of the Weill Cornell Ophthalmology Department.
After graduating from Harvard College and Harvard Medical School, he completed his ophthalmology residency at the Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital and New York University. He completed fellowships in neuro-ophthalmology, at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and then pediatric ophthalmology, at Children's Hospital Boston.
Before returning to New York, he was a Clinical Instructor of Pediatric Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School and on the staff at Children's Hospital Boston, where he was also the director of residency training for the ophthalmology department.
Dr. Levy sees children of all ages and adults with strabismus.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
1. Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Harvard College, 1993
2. Grunebaum Cancer Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, 1997-98
3. Wilmer Resident Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2005
4. Von L. Meyer Fellowship Award, Children's Hospital Boston, 2005
5. Farley Fund Fellowship Award, Children's Hospital Boston, 2005
6. Director, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Weill Cornell Medicine
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- * GHI - CBP
- * Health First
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported