Richard L. Levy, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Strabismus Surgery In Children and Adults
- Pediatric Strabismus
- Double Vision
- Lazy Eye
- Clinical Research
- Pediatric Cataract Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- * Affinity Essential
- * Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- * GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1998
Honors and Awards
1. Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Harvard College, 1993
2. Grunebaum Cancer Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, 1997-98
3. Wilmer Resident Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2005
4. Von L. Meyer Fellowship Award, Children's Hospital Boston, 2005
5. Farley Fund Fellowship Award, Children's Hospital Boston, 2005
Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Levy is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and the Director of the Pediatric Ophthalmology service at Weill Cornell Medicine and a member of the Weill Cornell Ophthalmology Department.
After graduating from Harvard College and Harvard Medical School, he completed his ophthalmology residency at the Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital and New York University. He completed fellowships in neuro-ophthalmology, at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and then pediatric ophthalmology, at Children's Hospital Boston.
Before returning to New York, he was a Clinical Instructor of Pediatric Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School and on the staff at Children's Hospital Boston, where he was also the director of residency training for the ophthalmology department.
Dr. Levy sees children of all ages and adults with strabismus.