Specialties and Expertise
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Laser Urology
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction
- Robotic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Urology
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Voiding Dysfunction
Dr. Richard Lee and his team are dedicated to putting the individual needs of our patients first. With a uniquely hands-on approach that combines the latest in technological innovation with scientific research, we provide comprehensive care in a compassionate and supportive environment. Our goal is to provide superior care that extends far beyond just the clinical aspect of your treatment.
For more information on Dr. Lee, including office contact information, please CLICK HERE.
Patient Forms for Upcoming Visits
Video Visits / Telemedicine Appointments
At Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Urology, our top priority remains the care of our patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are emphasizing the use of Video Visits to provide a safe, effective, secure, and convenient way to provide care. Video Visits allows us to continue to fulfill our mission to provide best-in-class care for all of our patients.
New and existing patients will have direct access to Dr. Lee through a smartphone (preferred) or computer. Our patients will receive instructions to a unique, secure, and private link to access the Video Visit session once the appointment is scheduled.
Nearly all of our visits are being performed via Video Visit at this time. During the Video Visit with Dr. Lee, he will determine if an in-person office visit is needed.
Please call our office at (646) 962-4811 to schedule a private Video Visit today.
Click on the links below for more information and instructions on how to inititate your Video Visit.
Dr. Richard Lee, MD MBA, completed his undergraduate degree at Duke University and his MD/MBA in Healthcare Management at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and the Wharton School. He completed his surgical internship and urology residency at Weill Cornell Medical College/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He completed his fellowship in Voiding Dysfunction, Female Urology, and Neurourology at both Weill Cornell Medical College/New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, after which he was appointed to the full-time faculty at Cornell in July 2011. He currently holds joint appointments within the Departments of Urology as well as Population Health Sciences and currently serves as Program Director for the Urology department.
Dr. Lee maintains an active practice in both men and women. His expertise is in the treatment and evaluation of men and women with incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, overactive bladder, and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Our team at Cornell has developed both medical and surgical techniques to preserve and improve urinary function, and we continue to seek ways to improve quality of life for patients.
Dr. Lee is an active participant in translational research and is currently involved in several research protocols as either primary or co-investigator that includes NIH, non-profit foundation, and industry support. He is active in global health, helping to spearhead HIV risk reduction efforts in both China and Africa. He has established collaborations with several other leading institutions, including The Population Council, Rockefeller University, Cornell Tech, and the Mayo Clinic. He has been listed as a New York Rising Star since 2014. He is an active peer reviewer for European Urology, Journal of Urology, British Journal of Urology International, and Advances in Urology. He has also published over 100 peer-reviewed articles and co-authored chapters in several urologic textbooks. He serves on national committees for the AUA. He serves as Section Editor for Current Bladder Dysfunction Reports and as an Editor for the Asian Journal of Urology. He is board certified by the American Board of Urology and holds a subspecialty certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstruction as well.
Please contact the office with questions or to make an appointment at (646) 962-4811.
"I found a new level of care that surpassed that of my previous urologist.. Dr. Lee took a measured approach to my issues and delivered excellent care and treatment. Weill Cornell is a well oiled machine!" - E.S. on September 1, 2017 via Healthgrades
"Intelligent, compassionate and technically skilled urogynecologist who has made such a difference in the lives of many of my patients" - Dr. Allen via Google
"Excellent Doctor , great communication" Cynthia G. via Google
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
* Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU) Traveling Scholar Award
* Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR) Men's Health Traveling
* Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program Grant 2007
* New York Weill Cornell Medical Center Alumni Council Distinguished
Housestaff Award 2008
* Doctors of the World Health and Human Rights Leadership Award 2008
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Population Health Sciences - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Nanette Laitman Clinical Scholar in Healthcare Policy and Research/Community Health - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.B.A., Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2003
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2003
- B.S., Duke University, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare