Richard K. Lee, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Laser Urology
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction
- Robotic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Urology
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Voiding Dysfunction
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.A., Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2003
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2003
- B.S., Duke University, 1998
Honors and Awards
* Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU) Traveling Scholar Award
* Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR) Men's Health Traveling
* Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program Grant 2007
* New York Weill Cornell Medical Center Alumni Council Distinguished
Housestaff Award 2008
* Doctors of the World Health and Human Rights Leadership Award 2008
Assistant Professor of Urology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Urologist
Assistant Professor of Healthcare Policy and Research
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Lee completed his undergraduate degree at Duke University (Durham, NC), and then moved to the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) to complete both his MD and his MBA. He then moved to New York and began working at Weill Cornell Medical College/New York-Presbyterian Hospital, specifically within the Department of Urology, while completing both his residency rotation and a fellowship.
Dr. Lee was appointed to a full-time faculty position within the Department of Urology in July 2011 after completing his fellowship. He currently practices within the Iris Cantor Men's Health Center, which is located at 425 E 61st St, 12th floor.
While completing his residency at Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. Lee was awarded the Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU) Traveling Scholar Award (2006), the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR) Men’s Health Traveling Fellowship (2007), the Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program Grant (2007), the New York Weill Cornell Medical Center Alumni Council Distinguished Housestaff Award (2008), and the Doctors of the World Health and Human Rights Leadership Award (2008).
Dr. Lee is an active participant in translational research and is currently involved in several protocols as either primary or co-investigator that includes NIH, non-profit foundation, and industry support. He takes part in the peer review process of other’s research as a journal reviewer for European Urology, Journal of Urology, British Journal of Urology International, and Advances in Urology.
His current research interests include BPH, male and female pelvic health, female urology, incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, health outcomes, cost effectiveness analysis, pelvic reconstruction, bioengineering, and nanoparticle therapy.
Dr. Lee's office is located within the Iris Cantor Men's Health Center at 425 E. 61st Street. You may contact the office with questions or to make an appointment at 646-962-4811.