Ronald D. Adelman, M.D.
Ronald D. Adelman, MD is Professor of Clinical Medicine and Co-Chief of the Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology at Cornell University's Weill Medical College and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He is also the Medical Director of the Irving Sherwood Wright Center on Aging and Co-Director of the Cornell Center for Aging Research and Clinical Care. Dr. Adelman is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Adelman's research focuses on older patient-physician communication and geriatric medical education. Recently he has become interested in homelessness among older people and communication issues in palliative care.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Ramsaroop, R.D., Reid, M.C., Adelman, R.D. Completing An Advance Directive In The Primary Care Setting: What Do We Need For Success? J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007 Feb; 55(2): 277-83.
Yuen, J.K., Breckman, R., Adelman, R.D., Capelso, C.F., LoFaso, V., Reid, M.C. Reflections of Medical Students on Visting Chronically Ill Older Patients In The Home. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006 Nov; 54(11): 1778-83.
Fins, J., Maltby, B., Friedmann, E., Greene, M., Norris, K., Adelman, R. and Byock, I. Contracts, Covenants and Advance Care Planning: An Empirical Study of the Moral Obligations of Patient and Proxy. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 2004.
Adelman, R.D., Greene, M.G., Friedmann, E. Discussions About Cognitive Impairment in First Medical Visits: Older Patients' Perceptions and Preferences. American Journal of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias 19(4), July/August 2004.
Rhodes-Kropf, J., Meier, D., Adelman, R.D. Interns Learning to Care for Dying Patients. Journal of Palliative Care 6(6): 865-872, 2003.
Greene, M. and Adelman, R. Physician-Older Patient Communication About Cancer. Patient Education and Counseling 50(1): 55-60, 2003.
Adelman, R. and Greene, M. "Communication Between Older Patients and Their Physicians" upcoming volume in Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, February 2000.
Adelman, R., Siddiqui, H., and Foldi, N. Approaches to Diagnosis and Treatment of Elder Abuse and Neglect. Handbook of Clinical Geropsychology, Plenum Publishing Company, New York, 1998.
Adelman, R. and Kaufman, S. Conceptual Framework for the Study of Older Patient-Physician Interactioin. Conference Proceedings of the National Institutes of Aging. Research Issues Related to Physician-Elderly Patient Interactions, 1998.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1978