Roger J. Bartolotta, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Orthopedic Radiology
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Aspiration of Joint With Injection
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MRI of the Foot and Ankle
- MRI of the Hand and Wrist
- MRI of the Knee
- MRI of the Shoulder
- PET Scan
- Positron Emission Tomography
- CT Scan of the Body
Roger J. Bartolotta, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in musculoskeletal and emergency imaging. He is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Bartolotta earned his B.A., magna cum laude in Biochemical Sciences, from Harvard University in 2002. He then received his M.D. degree from Stanford University School of Medicine in 2006.
Following his internship in Internal Medicine at Cabrini Medical Center/Mount Sinai in NYC, Dr. Bartolotta completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (2007-2011) at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He was elected and served as Chief Resident in his final year of residency. Dr. Bartolotta subsequently completed a year of fellowship training in Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Before joining Weill Cornell Radiology faculty in April 2013, Dr. Bartolotta was an attending radiologist at the Veterans Health Administration’s National Teleradiology Program.
Dr. Bartolotta’s clinical expertise is in musculoskeletal imaging. He interprets a wide range of imaging examinations, including radiography, CT, MRI, and ultrasound. He also performs a variety of musculoskeletal procedures, including arthrography, joint injections/aspirations, and biopsies.
Dr. Bartolotta achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2011. His research interests include imaging of tumors and of sports-related injuries. In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Bartolotta is an active teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Stanford University, 2006
- B.A., Harvard University, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY