Specialties and Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Orthopedic Radiology
- Aspiration of Joint With Injection
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MRI of the Foot and Ankle
- MRI of the Hand and Wrist
- MRI of the Knee
- MRI of the Shoulder
- CT Scan of the Body
- X-Ray Imaging
Roger J. Bartolotta, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in musculoskeletal and emergency radiology. He is an Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Associate Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell. He also serves as Director of CT for the Weill Cornell Campus and Director of Resident Education within the Weill Cornell Department of Radiology.
Dr. Bartolotta earned his B.A. degree (magna cum laude) in Biochemical Sciences from Harvard University in 2002 and his M.D. degree from Stanford University School of Medicine in 2006.
Following his internship in Internal Medicine at Cabrini Medical Center/Mount Sinai in NYC, Dr. Bartolotta completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (2007-2011) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, where he was elected and served as Chief Resident. Dr. Bartolotta subsequently completed a year of fellowship training in Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, WA. Before joining Weill Cornell Radiology faculty in April 2013, Dr. Bartolotta was an attending radiologist at the Veterans Health Administration’s National Teleradiology Program.
Dr. Bartolotta’s clinical expertise is in musculoskeletal and emergency radiology. He interprets a wide range of imaging examinations, including radiography, CT, MRI, and ultrasound. His research interests include fracture imaging and medical education. Dr. Bartolotta is an active member of several radiological societies, including: ACR, ARRS, AUR, ISS, NYRS, RSNA, and SSR.
In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Bartolotta is an active teacher of medical students, residents, and fellows. He received the 2013-2014 Robin C. Watson Teacher of the Year Award for the Weill Cornell Department of Radiology.
- American Board of Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Stanford University, 2006
- B.A., Harvard University, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported