Specialties and Expertise
- Child Development
- Behavioral Pediatrics
- Learning Disabilities
- Language Delay
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Motor Developmental Delay
- Speech or Language Development Delay
- Attention Deficit Disorder of Childhood
- Learning Difficulty
Dr. Poole-Di Salvo is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Child Development Program in the Division of General Academic Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is board certified in Pediatrics and in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Dr. Poole-Di Salvo's area of expertise is in the evaluation and treatment of children with developmental disabilities.
Dr. Poole-Di Salvo completed her undergraduate studies at Cornell University, where she graduated with honors, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a concentration in Neurobiology and Behavior. She earned her medical degree from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, where she received a Dean's Letter of Commendation. Dr. Poole-Di Salvo completed her pediatric residency training and a research fellowship at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. She continued her training with a fellowship in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at the Children's Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC) at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Rose F. Kennedy University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service in Bronx, NY. While she was a Developmental and Behavioral Pediatric Fellow, Dr. Poole-Di Salvo received a merit scholarship to pursue coursework that led to a Master's Degree in Public Health from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dr. Poole-Di Salvo has conducted research investigating the associations between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and child emotional and behavioral problems, and is interested in understanding how various environmental and social exposures affect child behavior, development, and mental health.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2010-2012, Merit scholarship, covering course of study in the Master of Public Health Program at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
- 2009-2012, Fellowship, Leadership Education in Behavioral Pediatrics, Maternal and Child Health Training Program, HRSA
- 2007, International Health Travel Grant, American Academy of Pediatrics
- 2003, Dean's Letter of Commendation, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine
- 2000, Golden Key National Honors Society, Cornell University Chapter
- 2000, Ho Nun De Kah Honors Society, Cornell University Chapter
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2004
- B.S., Cornell University, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- WellCare of NY