Peter M. Okin, M.D.
525 East 68th Street, Rm L195
New York, NY 10065
P: (212) 746-4688 | F: (212) 746-8473
My professional focus as a cardiologist is on electrocardiography and exercise testing. In my roles as Director of Clinical Affairs in the Division of Cardiology and Associate Director of the Cardiac Graphics Laboratory I have the opportunity to participate in the selection and training of our fellows and to focus my research on computerized signal-processing of the electrocardiogram for improved detection and risk stratification of patients with heart disease. I have been fortunate tospend my entire professional career at Weill-Cornell and to have the opportunity to work with an outstanding group of cardiologists.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Exercise Testing
- Cardiac Graphics
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro (Effective 1/1/2016)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Core]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1980
Honors and Awards
Co-Chair of 2005 American College of Cardiology Scientific Programs
Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Peter M. Okin is a Professor of Medicine, Director of Clinical Affairs and Associate Director of the Cardiac Graphics Laboratory in the Division of Cardiology of the Department of Medicine at Weill Cornell.
Dr. Okin completed his undergraduate education at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1976, obtaining a degree in chemistry. He completed his medical eduation at Cornell University Medical College in 1980, remaining at The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center for his residency in Internal Medicine from 1980 to 1983 and for his fellowship in Cardiology from 1983 to 1986. Dr. Okin joined the faculty in the Division of Cardiology at Cornell Medical College in 1986 and has remained on faculty at Weill-Cornell since that time.
Dr. Okin's primary area of interest is in electrocardiography. He is committed to the development of new methods for improving diagnosis and risk stratification using the rest and exercise electrocardiogram and has published extensively in these areas. He has been a dedicated teacher of electrocardiography for over 20 years and actively participates in the administration of the Cardiology Fellowship Program and in the clinical programs of the Division of Cardiology. He is a member of numerous societies, including the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology, serves on numerous national committees and on the editorial boards of a number of journals.